Vostok-Europe Atomic Age Mecha-Quartz Tritium Chronograph VK64-640C699
Vostok-Europe's Tribute to the Scientists of the Atomic Age
Atomic Powered Tritium Illumination
The Andrei Sakharov
The Vostok-Europe Atomic Age Mecha-Quartz Collection of only 3,000 LIMITED EDITION timepieces are a brilliantly designed watches that pays tribute to the incredible advancement of science that began the Atomic Age. Our world has been forever changed by this transformative period of nuclear technology development beginning with the launch of the first nuclear reactor in 1942.
This Chronograph featured here is specifically inspired by Andrei Sakharov, a Soviet nuclear physicist, dissident, Nobel laureate, and advocate for disarmament, peace, and human rights. Despite being the chief designer of the Soviet thermonuclear weapons, Sakharov later championed civil liberties and civil reforms in the Soviet Union, earning him the Nobel Peace Prize in 1975.
Vostok-Europe Watches are designed handmade in Lithuania. This watch reflects a combination of unique techno-futuristic design elements that combines the best of both automatic and quartz movements. It features a polygonal anatomic shape case, a design that echoes the futuristic vision of the Atomic Age.
The dial features brushed and skeletonized hands that gracefully sweep across its grain-textured surface. This, coupled with the use of tritium illumination, ensures easy legibility in any light condition, paying homage to the watch's nuclear inspiration.
The Vostok-Europe Atomic Age Mecha-Quartz is powered by the SII VK64 movement, a hybrid of mechanical and quartz technologies, known for its reliable and precise timekeeping. The combination of mechanical complexity and quartz accuracy gives this watch a unique edge in performance.
Like many of the Vostok-Europe Watches, the Atomic Age Collection is a powerful robust size, yet surprisingly comfortable to wear. The case measures 48 millimeters wide and 16.5 millimeters tall.
The watch is fitted with a specially designed bright silicone strap, complete with ventilation holes for outstanding comfort and adaptability, making it suitable for everyday wear. The strap's vibrant hue adds a contemporary touch to the watch's overall design, while also providing a comfortable and secure fit.
The case back is adorned with a 3D image of the "Atomic Age collection" logo, signifying its place in this historic range.
In summary, the Vostok-Europe Atomic Age Mecha-Quartz is a tribute to Andrei Sakharov and the Atomic Age. Its distinctive design, high-quality movement, and detailed craftsmanship make it a notable addition to any watch collection. This watch is not only a timekeeping instrument but also a symbol of historical significance and technological advancement.
- Vostok-Europe Atomic Age Collection, Model #VK64-640C699
- 200 Meter Water Resistant Diver's Chronograph
- Limited Edition, Limited to 3,000 pieces, worldwide. Each watch is Numbered on the side of the case
- Hattori Seiko Mechanical-Quartz Movement VK64
- Smooth Running Second Hand nearly Identical to Automatic Movements
- Batter Powered with 3 year plus battery life
- Extreme Quartz Accuracy
- Instant Flyback Chronograph Hands (like Mechanical Movements)
- Mechanical Chronograph Pushers
- Two Subdials
- 60 Minute Chronograph Subdial
- 24 Hour Subdial (Synchronized to Hour Hand, not Independent)
- Self Powered Tritium Illumination on Hands and Hour Markers
- Date Window at the 6 o'clock position
CASE, CRYSTAL and STRAPS:
- 316 Grade Surgical Stainless Steel Case
- Black PVD Coating
- K1 Hardened Mineral Glass Crystal with Anti-Reflective Coating
- Screw Down Case Back with Special Atomic Age Logo
- 20 ATM Water Resistant, Each Watch Individually Tested
- Fixed Minute Indicator Outer Bezel
- Tachymeter Inner BBezel
- Three (3) Color Coordinated Straps:
- Red Dive Strap
- Black Leather Strap
- Color-Coordinated Rubber Dive Strap
- Included is a Watchband Changing Tool
- Diameter: 48 millimeters, 50 millimeters with crown and pushers
- Thickness: 16.5 millimeters
- Lug Width: 25 millimeters
- Special Case to hold all components can convert to hold Four Watches
We Also Recommend
Vostok-Europe Geležinis Vilkas (Iron Wolf) Limited Edition Automatic Watch, NH72-592A706
Vostok-Europe Halley's Comet Limited Edition Chronograph, model 6S10-320E694
Vostok-Europe Anchar Mens Automatic Tritium 300 meter Dive Watch NH35-510A587
Vostok Europe Anchar K-162 Submarine Dive Chronograph, 300 meters, Tritium Illumination 6S21-510A583