Ancient Coins Widow's Mite Coin in Custom Sterling Silver Pendant with Certificate of Authenticity
The "Widow's Mite" generally refers to an ancient bronze coin minted during the reign of King Alexander Janneus, over 2,000 years ago. Janneus was a young and ambitious leader who became the ruler of the Jews in 103 B.C.
These tiny coins had very small value. But the coins and the woman who donated the coins to the temple became on of Jesus most revered parables.
Jesus called his disciples to him and said,
"I tell you the truth, this poor widow put more into the treasury than all the others, for all of them have contributed out of their abundance; but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on." - Luke 21:1-21
These coins are part of a treasure that was discovered in the Sea of Galilee after a long drought. These coins are heavily worn and no two coins are alike. Each sterling silver frame has been made to hold the particular coin used and no two will be alike. The manufacturer, Erez has included a Certificate of Authenticity and gift pouch with each pendant.
- Erez Model Number: QAC117
- Ancient bronze Prutah (coin) minted around 2,00o years ago during the reign of King Alexander Janneus
- Heavily Worn with only some detail
- No Date or Condition is specified
- Coins are generally around 12 mm in diameter, but no two are alike
- Erez Certificate of Authenticity is Included
- Sterling Silver
- Formed to fit the coin
- Quality Stamped ..925 (Sterling Silver)
- Average weight: 2.5 grams
Gift Pouch included with Purchase
We Also Recommend