Vostok-Europe Geležinis Vilkas (Iron Wolf) Limited Edition Automatic Watch, NH72-592A706
The Legend of the Iron Wolf
Seven Hundred Years Ago the Capital of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, Vilnius, was born. This city would continue to this very day as the capital of the Republic of Lithuania. The great European Watchmakers, Vostok-Europe are headquartered in Vilnius, where their great watch designs are created. And this magnificent watch, Geležinis Vilkas or The Iron Wolf, is dedicated to this great city and the legend behind it.
Geležinis Vilkas (the Iron Wolf) a mythical character from a medieval legend of the founding of Vilnius – the capital city of the old Grand Duchy of Lithuania and modern Republic of Lithuania.
According to the legend, Grand Duke Gediminas (ca. 1275 – 1341) was hunting in the sacred forest where Vilnia River flows into the Neris River. After the hunt, the Grand Duke fell into a deep sleep and dreamed of a huge Wolf, made of and armored in Iron, with the strength of a hundred wolves and a mechanical heart powering his strength, beating inside his chest. The great Iron Wolf was standing on top a hill and howling as strong and loud as a hundred wolves.
The Grand Duke's advisors saw the dream as a sign from the gods. They told him, ”The Iron Wolf represents a castle and a city which will you will build on this site. This city will be the capital of the Lithuania lands and will be the dwelling of their rulers. The glory of their deeds shall echo throughout the world.”
Grand Duke Gediminas, obeying the will of gods, established the city and named it Vilnius, for the stream of the Vilnia river.
In order to create the perfect watch to honor Geležinis Vilkas (the Iron Wolf), the designers at Vostok Europe created an all new watch from solid Stainless steel with a shifted black crown, like the ear of the wolf and designed the solid bracelet with the image of the rivets in the wolf's armor. The solid buckle with double lock is made in style of medieval armors.
Most important, of course, the the mechanical heart beating in the chest of the wolf, and of this watch. Made for Vostok Europe by one of the world's finest watchmakers, Hattori-Seiko, the beating heart is visible from both the front and back through the crystals of the Watch.
The watch dial itself has indexes is shape of wolf’s fangs and contour of Tower of the Gediminas Castle at the 6 o'clock position on the dial.
Unique in all the world is the luminous image of the Iron Wolf, visible on the crystal in the dark near just above the Tower, defending Vilnius today, just as it has for the last seven centuries.
Only 700 of these watches will be made. Each watch comes in a magnificent solid Oak presentation box, with a forest green lining, representing the forest home of the Iron Wolf. Included is a special booklet imprinted with the limited edition number and containing the story of the legend of The Iron Wolf.
- The Mechanical Heart of The Iron Wolf: Hattori Seiko Caliber SII NH72
- Japanese automatic movement (manual winding possible, no battery needed)
- Second stop function (for precise time adjustment)
- Very durable and reliable
- Power reserve: approx. 41 hours
- Shock protection
- Material: Surgical grade stainless steel brushed
- Diameter: 43 mm
- Height: 15.5 mm
- Water resistance: 20 atm. --200 meters-- 660 feet
- Glass: anti-reflective, thick, strong and flexible K1 crystal, resistant to scratching and near unbreakable
- Crown: screw-down
- Case back: screw-in exhibition
- Illumination: green superluminova on dial, blue superluminva wolf on crystal
- Engraved serial number only 700 will be built
- Material: Stainless Steel Commerative Bracelet
- Lug width: 20 mm
- Engraved Vostok Europe logo
- Your Exclusive Numbered Vostok Europe Iron Wolf Watch
- Solid Oak Vostok Europe box, lined in forest Green
- Leaflet on the legend with individual watch number
- Instruction and Warranty Booklet
- Water Resistant Test Readout Certificate
We Also Recommend
Traser P67 Officer Pro Automatic, Black & Tan Dial, Antiqued Leather Strap #110756
IsoBright Executive Series Swiss Automatic T100 Tritium Watch, ISO722
IsoBright Executive Swiss Automatic T100 Tritium Watch with Leather Strap, ISO712